ECL-USA Summit 8 was held at the Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute in Houston. Summit 8 included an exploration of the future of engineering through the lens of biomedical engineering and the stewardship role of engineers with respect to climate and extreme weather challenges. Our provocateurs included:
Provocateurs have been finalized for ECL-USA Summit 8. The themes of Summit 8 will be exploration of the future of engineering through the lens of biomedical engineering and the stewardship role of engineers with respect to climate and extreme weather challenges, both of which are major issues for Houston and the Gulf Coast. Provocateurs will include:
Check out the feature article on ECL-USA in the November/December 2019 issue of NSPE’s PE magazine (https://www.nspe.org/resources/pe-magazine/september-2019/engineering-futurists).
Provocateurs have been finalized for ECL-USA Summit 7. This summit will focus on technological driving forces that are transforming the way engineers do their work and on the future of consulting engineering. One of the provocations for the summit will come from Autodesk and will include a tour of their Boston Build Space. Other provocateurs will include:
- Randy Atkins, Director, Grand Challenges for Engineering Project, National Academy of Engineering;
- Chris Walcutt, Director of Security Solutions, DirectDefense, cyber-security expert and ECL-USA participant;
- Jerry Buckwalter, COO, American Society of Civil Engineers, focusing on ASCE’s “Future World Vision” project;
- Robert Otani, Principal and Chief Technology Officer, Thornton Tomasetti; and
- Linda Bauer Darr, President, American Council of Engineering Companies, discussing ACEC’s new strategic plan.
On August 1, 2019, Mike McMeekin assumed the role of Executive Director of ECL-USA. Mike will also remain as Chairman of the Board at Lamp Rynearson. In August 2019, ECL-USA also expanded its Board of Directors. Current Board members include:
- Mike McMeekin, Lamp Rynearson – Executive Director
- Lauren Evans, Pinyon Environmental
- Edwin Friedrichs, Walter P. Moore
- Clint Robinson, Black & Veatch
- Dan Linzell, University of Nebraska College of Engineering
Contact Mike McMeekin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions regarding ECL-USA.