Engineering Practice in a VUCA World
September 23-25, 2024
It’s a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world — and it’s worsening. The 2024 Engineering Ideas Institute will dive into the dynamics of this unfolding future. Join us at the Colorado Chautauqua in Boulder, Colorado, to explore:
- Are new paradigms for engineering practice emerging, and what are the broad contours of these new ways of thinking?
- How can the engineering community build (rebuild) trust between itself and the broader public while experiencing this VUCA world?
- What role should the engineering community play in countering an increasing trend of disinformation and misinformation?
- What is the leadership mandate for the engineering community in this VUCA world for addressing issues such as climate change, cyber resilience, diversity and inclusion, and social justice?
- What macro-ethical challenges are arising for engineering practice as the Fourth Industrial Revolution unfolds?
Registration fee: $1,250/person
Provocateur presenters will be announced at a later date.Register now
Please contact us with any questions.