Engineering Change Lab-USA (ECL-USA) is a catalyst for change within the engineering community, helping it reach its highest potential on behalf of society
We are living in a world that is facing an unprecedented combination of technological change…
and rapidly evolving societal needs, driven in large part by environmental imperatives. As this uncertain future unfolds, maintaining the status quo is not an option for the engineering community. The imperative for change and adaptation has driven the formation of ECL-USA.Learn More about ECL-USA
ECL-USA convenes two to three times a year to share perspectives, deepen our understanding of engineering’s emerging future, and to launch experiments and focused initiatives designed both to foster change across the entire engineering system from education to practice to research to licensure.Upcoming Summits
Our Way Forward
Our way forward is through action inspired by the Engineering Change Lab-USA’s mission. ECL-USA was started in 2017, with the mission of becoming a catalyst for change within the engineering profession, by helping the profession reach its highest potential on behalf of society.
To achieve our mission, we will:
- Bring together stakeholders, innovative thinkers, and change agents to explore and generate new knowledge about the role of engineering in an emerging future.
- Self-organize as an independent (non-aligned) entity – complementing existing stakeholder organizations (professional societies and associations), not attempting to duplicate their efforts.
- Become a communications hub, linking and sharing knowledge between stakeholders engaged in creating the future of the engineering community (profession).
- Engage in and lead collaborative initiatives designed to transform the engineering community (profession) to help it thrive in an evolving world.
- November 2, 2020 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House. Maintain connections from Summit 9 or catch up with previous connections! Join us for our first virtual open house. Click on the button below and scroll to the registration form titled "ECL-USA Virtual Open House". It is the second form window in the browser.
[button link="/summits/" label="Register for the Virtual Open House"]
- December 16, 2020 – Summit 10, Licensure Models for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Summit 10 will feature a half-day deep dive into the need for engineering licensure models to adapt to the transformational technological developments of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Presented in partnership with the National Society of Professional Engineers and the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
[button link="/summits/" label="Register for Summit 10"]
- January 2021 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- February 2021 – Summit 11, Developing a Climate Change Public Policy Strategy for the Engineering Community (Tentative)
- March 2021 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- April 2021 – Summit 12, Consulting Engineering in a Post-COVID World (Tentative)
- May – June 2021, ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- July – August 2021, The Engineering Ideas Institute II (Topics to be determined)