The Role of the Engineering Community
March 19, 2024, 10 a.m. CT
Through increasingly complex digital systems that intertwine with critical infrastructure and technology-enabled resources and services, cyberthreats are outpacing prevention and management. The frequency, effectiveness and impact of malware, ransomware, deep fakes and disinformation for hire, cyberfraud and other cyberattacks are exponentially increasing.
This virtual summit will explore the role the engineering community must play to strategically address this driving force — not only as creators but stewards of technology on behalf of society. Join us to explore:
- How can we go beyond cybersecurity to cyber resilience for our socio-technical systems?
- What major barriers could constrain a proactive response to this cyberthreat environment?
- How can the engineering community build its cybersecurity capabilities and/or digital-savvy workforce?
- How should the engineering community respond to an emerging “digital-social contract” to create trustworthy technologies for society?
- What are the macro-ethical dilemmas in this complex, cyberthreat landscape?
Registration fee: $200Register now
Please contact us with any questions.