Engineering Change Lab – USA (ECL-USA) will continue to explore the future of engineering in the coming months. In recognition of the ongoing reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will utilize virtual programming through mid-2021. Until our in-person summits are resumed, we will offer a series of half-day, virtual mini-summits at intervals of about every two months. Each of these min-summits will continue the “deep dive” aspects of our summits.
Beginning in October, we will also experiment with informal, virtual open houses between the mini-summits to continue the discussions began at summits and to maintain the connections between participants that are an important element of our work.
We are also beginning planning for an in-person Engineering Ideas Institute II in Summer 2021.
Here is the schedule for our upcoming events.
- November 2, 2020 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House. Maintain connections from Summit 9 or catch up with previous connections! Join us for our first virtual open house. Click on the button below and scroll to the registration form titled “ECL-USA Virtual Open House”. It is the second form window in the browser.
Register for the Virtual Open House
- December 16, 2020 – Summit 10, Licensure Models for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Summit 10 will feature a half-day deep dive into the need for engineering licensure models to adapt to the transformational technological developments of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Presented in partnership with the National Society of Professional Engineers and the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
- January 2021 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- February 2021 – Summit 11, Developing a Climate Change Public Policy Strategy for the Engineering Community (Tentative)
- March 2021 – ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- April 2021 – Summit 12, Consulting Engineering in a Post-COVID World (Tentative)
- May – June 2021, ECL-USA Virtual Open House
- July – August 2021, The Engineering Ideas Institute II (Topics to be determined)